Magic history, book reviews, collectibles, electronic magic and more in the June 2020 issue of Ye Olde Magic Mag (Vol. 6 issue 3).
In this issue:
- The electronic magic tricks by Anverdi are highly desirable and very magical. American collector and performer Chuck Caputo opens the doors of his collection to reveal how he has acquired these objects, their workings and share some of their magic.
- Pietro Micheli from Italy reveals some controversy caused by French conjurer Philippe and his use of “lotteries” to promote his magic shows.
- A forgotten Italian magician, Bartolomeo Marchelli, fought at the side of Garibaldi during Italian independence wars. His life story and his magic, supported by unknown documents, is narrated – for the first time in English – by our editor, Marco Pusterla.
- The last magic history conference before the COVID-19 lockdown is reviewed in this issue: Historie van de Magie
- German and American magic books on the history of magic are reviewed in this issue: will you spend more money on them, or will you save money?
- Our regular column, Chewing the (Magic) Fat contains the story of some important magic handbills that have recently come to the market. A fascinating bit of information you can’t find anywhere else
- Of course, important magic memorabila sold at auction since the last issue is given the once over in the regular Auction Action with items you may have missed!
This 64 pages issue contains almost 23,000 words and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 100 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 6MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! If you prefer, you can subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment and that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.