Ye Olde Magic Mag, Volume 4 issue 3 is available for download.
In this issue:
- John Davenport and Anne Goulden open the archives of the Davenport Collection publishing for the first time photos and the method of a forgotten Maskelyne illusion.
- Ian Keable takes us to a virtual visit to the final resting places of some of the great British magicians of the last two centuries.
- The third part of the article on the tricks of Chefalo discusses some of the illusions used by this great magician, and presents never-before-seen photos of the real apparatus from .documentats in the collection of Marco Pusterla.
- Pietro Micheli continues to Search in the Archives for unrecorded documents about magicians of the 18th and 19th century. In this issue, he reveals the trick used by Carlo Pianca to be allowed to perform magic when theatres were closed.
- A short photographic report of the recent Belgian Magic History Conference, penned by Kobe Van Herwegen.
- Our regular and loved columns: Auction Action on important and unusual magic memorabilia sold at auction in the last quarter (Houdini, Herrmann, Virgil, Prèjean, Robert-Houdin…). In Chewing the (Magic) Fat we discuss Erdnase, Copperfield, Chung Ling Soo and a lost illusion, and more!
This issue contains more than 21,500 words, 60 pages long and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 95 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) and start to learn about the history of magic!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! If you prefer, you can subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment and that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.