March 2019 sees the publication of Ye Olde Magic Mag, Volume 5 issue 2, now available for immediate download!
In this issue:
- Dai Vernon first saw the secret technique of back-palming from Australian contorsionist ARDO. A contribution by Michael Perovich gives some exciting discoveries on this forgotten perfomer.
- 2018 has seen the sale of some exciting and rare antiquarian magic books, with some titles never before recorded. In his annual article, resident librarian James Smith records some of the most interesting books that surfaced in the last year.
- Pietro Micheli is still busy going through Italian archives and in this issue, he studies the strange case of Bartolomeo Bosco‘s Benches, presenting an unknown letter of the great Italian magician.
- Our editor, Marco Pusterla, continues to examine the tricks by Chefalo, presenting some forgotten close-up tricks which fooled Hardeen and Servais Le Roy, together with an unpublished illusion by Chefalo.
- The most interesting items sold at auction in the last four months, together with the major magic auctions, are recorded in Auction Action: discover the rarities of Hyeronimus Scotto, Robert-Houdin, Houdini, Edwin T. Sachs, and more!
- In Chewing the (Magic) Fat our editor muses on digital obsolescence, reviews a couple of new magic books, talks about children magician, and more!
This 56 pages issue contains almost 21,000 words and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 100 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! If you prefer, you can subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment and that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.