In this issue:
- Kobe and Christ Van Herwegen reveal the identity of the “Mysterieux Bixlerix”, a Belgian magician whose real name was unknown but whose colourful posters grace many collections.
- From Italy, Pietro Micheli talks about the “livre d’or” of magicians of the 19th century, especially so on those of the real and the fake Bosco.
- In the centenary of the sawing in half illusion, we continue our coverage on early performers of this illusion with the help of Peter Brunning who identified the man who first sawed a woman in half in 1873.
- Mike Perovich continues his column on Scandalous Sorcerors by examining the “scandals” in the life of Charles – “Think-a-Drink” – Hoffmann.
- Jim Kleefeld collects magic sets and narrates an exciting find of the oldest American magic set. This article will make magic collectors envious!
- Our column on book reviews is taken over by Richard Hatch who examines in detail the latest biography on Kalanag, in an exclusive, in-depth review for the English-speaking magic world.
- Since the last issue, there have been many interesting (and important) magic auctions, and our regular column Auction Action reports on the most exciting magic items offered for sale in the last three months
- … and more!
This 60 pages issue contains almost 23,000 words and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 110 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! We recommend you subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment as that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.