The June 2022 issue of Ye Olde Magic Mag (Vol. 8 issue 3) is out! The PDF and printed edition of the best-loved magazine on Magic History and Magic Collecting contains your quarterly collection of information on your passion!
In this issue:
- Argentinean collector Martin Pacheco reveals the career of Prof Notis, the first card magician in Argentina and a magician admired by Dai Vernon
- Pietro Micheli has discovered some interesting information in Italian archives, which he shares with us in A certificate for Grassi
- Three reports from as many historians/collectors about conferences and history events:
- Kent Blackmore on How’s Tricks in Australia
- Kobe Van Herwgen on Historie van de Magie in Belgium
- Steve Beam on The Magic Collectors’ Expo in the USA
- More books on magic history and collecting have been published recently, and four are reviewed in this issue: The Jack Huges Ultimate World of Magic by Chris Cross; the journal Arcana Naturae 2; Carley E. Evans’s Burning the Red Candle and Charles Greene’s Ionia recent book.
- What important or unusual magic items have gone under the hammer in the last quarter? Discover them in our regular column Auction Action, the only resource to record magic auctions
- Our belowed column on Chewing the (Magic) Fat is again here, reporting on a girl who had Houdini as a guardian
- … and more!
This 60 pages issue contains more than 20,000 words and is available as a Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 125 SIGNED AND HAND-NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! We recommend you subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment as that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.