One of the enduring mysteries of magic history is revealed in Volume 9, issue 3 (June 2023) of Ye Olde Magic Mag: the identity of the author of The Expert at the Card Table, the mysterious S. W. Erdnase in a ground-breaking research.
In this issue:
- Richard Evans presents his candidate for the identity of S. W. Erdnase, the author of the innovative book on card magic and gambling sleights, published in 1902 and never out of print, in a long and detailed article. Do you agree with his conclusion? Read the research and decide for yourself.
- Collectors of the famous “Locked Books” by Will Goldston are often frustrated when the keys to access the secrets of past magicians are lost. Fear not! Stephen Forrester, professional locksmith, magic author and performer, explains how to replicate these elusive keys.
- Marco Pusterla, our editor, reports on the 4th Italian Conference on Magic History, held in Livorno (Italy) at the beginning of April.
- Auction Action – the most popular column – returns with an overview of important magic auctions and magic memorabilia sold in the past quarter, from the Ricky Jay collection, to a Bosco poster, a Bosch follower, Houdini, Thurston, Ionia (once again!) and more.
- Lastly, Chewing the (Magic) Fat with a few short reflections on the status of magic history and the collecting world.
This 64 pages issue contains almost 25,000 words and is available as a PDF Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 135 SIGNED AND HAND-NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! We recommend you subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment as that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.