The last issue of the ninth voluel of Ye Olde Magic Mag, Vol. 9 issue 4, greets its readers with two biographies of as many magicians, from the 19th and 20th century
In this issue:
- Prof. Era was a friend of David Devant and a busy semi-professional magician of the 19th century. His life story is narrated, together with many unknown photographs, by Peter Brunning.
- Son of Italian immigrants, Luis Zingone became a master card magician, and a very popular vaudeville performer in America in the years between the wars. His records, where he explains card tricks, are sought after by modern collectors. Mike Perovich provides a study on his career.
- The 2023 Magic Circle History Day has brought to London many interesting speakers and it is reviewed by our editor, Marco Pusterla.
- From France, Dr. Thibaut Rioult reviews an interesting exhibition of magical objects that show magic. Please, follow the links in the article to learn more about these “caharged objects”.
- And, of course, our regular columns, those who most readers go to as soon as they receive the magazine: Auction Action, on important magic items sold in the past quarter in worldwide auctions; Chewing the (Magic) Fat with a couple of shorter stories about magic objects of the past.
- In this issue, three recent magic history books are reviewed:
- Greg and Felicity’s History of Magic
- The Final Conference Illusions
- The Great Clivette
This 52 pages issue contains more than 17,500 words and is available as a PDF Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 125 SIGNED AND HAND-NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! We recommend you subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment as that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.