The first issue of Volume 5 of Ye Olde Magic Mag, is available for download!
In this issue:
- Very little is known on the life of T. Jardine Ellis (Duncan Lorne Campbell, 1881-1923) whose name is perennially associated to a popular magic trick, widely available (just search for the “Jardine Ellis Ring”). In this issue, his life story is revealed with an article by British historian Peter Brunning.
- Italian magician Frizzo (Enrico Longone, 1852-1893) is one of the great magicians from that country, but his life ended tragically in Uruguay. Until now, nobody really knew how the story of his demise arrived to Europe, but in this issue, all will be revealed (hint: it was a magician featured in YOMM 2-2)
- Bill Wells reports on the High Country Magic Collectors’ Conference and Marco Pusterla on the Second Italian Magic History Conference. Two magic history conferences with many interesting talks and plenty of photos!
- The fifth part of the Secrets of Chefalo reveals some interesting strategies for two classic tricks: the Mutilated Parasol and the Nest of Boxes which may prove useful also to performers, not only to historians.
- Auction Action on important and unusual magic memorabilia sold at auction in the last quarter (Paul Daniels, Dell O’Dell, Verbeck, Houdini, Highman Palatine, Wetryk, Ed Marlo, Robert-Houdin, Hero of Alexandria…).What interesting/unusual items have been sold in the last quarter? For how much?
- In Chewing the (Magic) Fat we review two recent volumes on the history of magic and reveal some biographical details about a long-forgotten assistant of Linga Singh (and then some more!).
This issue contains more than 20,000 words, is 56 pages long and is available as a Download and in printed format. LIMITED TO 100 SIGNED AND NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors.
Download your copy now (about 7MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! If you prefer, you can subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment and that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.