On December 2022 we start the new volume of Ye Olde Magic Mag, with volume 9, issue 1, another exciting issue with 60 pages of magic history and magic collectibles!
In this issue
- A preliminary study on “Dr” Gennaro Festa, an Italian illusionist and hypnotist who achieved considerable success particularly in France and England, towards the end of the 19th century, in an exclusive study by Italian historian, Prof. b.
- Why did L’Homme Masqué had to protect his identity? Probably the real reason has been discovered by Daniel Rhod who reveals it for the first time in English
- Our resident librarian, James Smith, reviews The Magic Circle’s History Day, which ran in early September under the new management of our editor, Marco Pusterla, and of noted historian and author Ian Keable.
- Pietro Micheli from Italy has discovered a new archive of public entertainment documents, and reviews an important exhibition that has revealed hitherto unknown broadsides and handbills from the 19th century – including many about magic!
- Who was the Colditz Conjurer? His story is narrated in a new book by James Green, but you can read an exclusive synopsis in this issue!
- A magic book must find its way under the Christmas tree and this issue contains four reviews of as many books you may want to enjoy during the holidays season
- Auction Action, our belowed regular column, comes back with a record of the most exciting magic items sold at auction (some for a lot of money) in the past quarter
- You have asked for it, and now you get it! Chewing the (Magic) Fat is back with what we think are interesting records of magic history stories!
This 60 pages issue contains almost 22,600 words and is available as a PDF Download and in printed format, LIMITED TO 125 SIGNED AND HAND-NUMBERED COPIES, for the most distinguished collectors. The printed copy also contains an EXCLUSIVE INSERT not otherwise available!
Download your copy now (about 5MB) to learn about the history of magic and magic collecting!
Ye Olde Magic Mag is the first fully-digital magazine on Magic History and on collecting magical memorabilia, edited and published by Marco Pusterla, A.I.M.C. A quarterly publication, available in a small number of printed copies, all individually numbered and signed, for real collectors. The printed version is shipped post-free worldwide and gives access to the digital copy! We recommend you subscribe to the magazine with a PayPal recurring payment as that will ensure you receive the same issue number every time.